If those statements seem like hogwash to you, this article is not going make much sense!
Setting an intention is a way of stating our desires with a pure positive focus as though they have already happened and then releasing the manifestation of those desires to the Universe or Higher Self. Intentions are a deliberate way of invoking the Law of Attraction.
Intentions can come in a variety of forms. I will list them here in order of increasing potency:
1. A thought inside your head. - Least Powerful
2. Typed on a computer but not shared.
3. Written down on a piece of paper.
4. Shared with others online.
5. Spoken aloud by yourself.
6. Spoken aloud with others in person. - Most Powerful
What do good intentions look like?
"I intend that I receive unexpected income for the Highest Good of All." (I did this and got $155 in the mail)
"I intend that I am loving, caring, and kind."
"I intend that I find a new place to live that makes me ridiculously happy in the next 30 days for the Highest Good of All."
"I intend that I receive the wisdom I require for my highest good and greatest growth."
1. Start with "I intend that...". Don't use "I hope that..." or "I wish that..."
2. Use the present tense. Use "I am", "I have", and "I can". Don't use "to be" or "will".
3. Invoke the Highest Good of All. Otherwise you're asking for trouble.
4. Be specific. Use specific times, quantities, descriptions, emotions, etc.
5. Don't include things you don't want to have happen. "I intend that I get a new car without going into debt." ...is a great way to go into debt.
6. Always be positive. Don't state what you don't want and don't use "not". "I intend that I'm not afraid." will make you more afraid. Instead say, "I intend that I am courageous."
A great process is to set intentions daily when you wake up. "I intend that I have a wonderful, delightful, magical day!" "I intend that I get this job for the Highest Good of All."
After you declare your intention, spend a minute or two visualizing what you have intended in detail as if it's happening right now. Feel deep gratitude as you imagine it and paint a rich picture in your mind with all the sensory details you can muster. Then let it go and trust that the intention will manifest if it's for the Highest Good.
If your intention doesn't manifest then either:
1) It's not for the Highest Good.
2) Your disbelief and doubt is preventing it from manifesting.
3) It's on the way but by being attached to when it comes you keep it at bay.
I intend that you use this knowledge of setting intentions for the Highest Good of All! Happy manifesting!